Partners and collaborators
The Partnership Development Team match expertise and facilities with market need to deliver enterprise activity. We work together with partners, academics and researchers identifying the most appropriate framework for collaboration, funding and contractual terms.
We do this by working across the full spectrum of academic disciplines, from fundamental to applied research, in accordance with the key ambitions outlined in the University Strategy, most notably to grow and sustain ‘Outstanding partnerships to deliver social, economic and cultural prosperity.’
We can help you with
- Developing your network and providing related training
- Brokering and managing the relationship, including negotiation
- Scoping partner requirements and matching University expertise
- Helping to identify the appropriate partner mechanism
- Sourcing funding opportunities
- Supporting contract negotiation
To find out more, please contact your School’s Partnership Development manager listed further down this page.
Your School’s Research Development Manager can help you build links with academic partners and identify and apply for research funding.
The Research Quality and Visibility Team can help you identify partners using SciVal and provide management information on key collaborators and strategic partners. Contact Lizzie Gadd or Jackie Green.
Increasing the impact of your work
- Identifying the most appropriate partners to develop impact from research
- Informing pathway to impact statements and providing related training
- Managing terms with partners to ensure access to impact evidence
- Triaging opportunities to individual academics and research groups
- Matching partnership objectives to funding initiatives
- Analysing call requirements
- Supporting bid development
- Full project management support for Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) and Enterprise Project Group (EPG) activity
- Costing, review and contract negotiation support for Innovate UK funded projects
External professional work
- Developing the scope of work
- Advising on pricing, terms and conditions of service
- Negotiating contracts
- Invoicing and payment
Loughborough University Enterprises Limited (LUEL) is the limited company through which external professional work (ie consultancy) is undertaken through the University.
Research and Enterprise Contracts
Further details of which teams can help you with your Research and Enterprise Contracts are available here.
Enterprise Project Group funding
Enterprise Project Group (EPG) funding is available to support academic staff, research staff and research students in creating impact from their work.
Meet the team
We hold regular Enterprise Clinics across campus as well as other enterprise-related events and initiatives. Visit the calendar to find out more – and to review Enterprise Funding Group deadlines and meetings.
All Schools (Innovate UK and EPG funding)
London and SBE
All schools - Innovate UK funding
AACME, DCA, LUiL and SSEHS
ABCE, MEME, SBE, Science and SSH