Loughborough University
Leicestershire, UK
LE11 3TU
+44 (0)1509 263171
Loughborough University

International Student Advice and Support

Welcome to International Student Advice and Support

These pages are for all International Students of Loughborough University and those who will soon be studying here.

SASS video thumbnail

The information on these pages is to help you when it comes to living and studying in the UK. If you cannot find the answer to your question here, please contact us with your query.

You can see more about how we can help in our video presentation - just click on the arrow to find out more.

To request an appointment, please look at our Appointment Booking webpage.

The types of things we advise on:

  • How to extend your visa
  • How to register with the Police
  • How to bring your family to join you
  • How to rent a private house
  • How to access the health service
  • How to manage your money 
  • How to resolve problems with faulty goods/services 

Our colleagues in  the Academic Language Support Service offer workshops and online support to help you develop the English language and study skills that you will need to succeed on your academic programme and in your future career.

Our advice is free, impartial and confidential (unless the matter is related to your visa and then we may share information with the Academic Registry). 

  • English language support

    The Academic Language Support Service offers a range of high quality English language support to international students.

  • Extending your visa

    The visa system can be quite daunting, but our team of immigration advisers will help guide you through every step of the process.

  • Housing advice

    Contracts, deposits, sharing, tenants’ rights and obligations, repairs and poor housing conditions and home safety.

The Student Advice and Support Service is authorised to provide immigration advice and services by an order made under section 84(4)(d) of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (The Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (Part V Exemption: Educational Institutions and Health Sector Bodies) Order 2001 (Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 1403).