Working for Loughborough University

International applicants

Right to Work in the UK

Prior to commencing employment, you will be required to produce original documentation as evidence that you have the right to enter and work in the UK. You will not be able to start work until these immigration checks have been completed.

When completing your application form you will have indicated whether you require permission to work in the UK. If you have indicated ‘yes’ you will have also indicated if you require Sponsorship to work in the UK. Loughborough University is classed as an A rated Sponsor by UK Visas and Immigration and has authority to assign Certificate of Sponsorships.

Any contract of employment would be subject to Home Office approval being granted. When producing a contract of employment, consideration is given to an individual’s immigration situation and the necessary documentation which may be required to proceed with obtaining the necessary immigration clearance.

If you are applying from outside the UK and require Sponsorship, the University is required to apply to the UKVI for a defined Certificate of Sponsorship.

If you are already in the UK under another immigration category and are eligible to switch into the Skilled Worker category, the University will be able to assign an undefined Certificate of Sponsorship. Once a Certificate of Sponsorship has been assigned details are provided to the candidate for including on visa applications.

Please note: you will be required to provide ORIGINAL degree certificates (and if appropriate an original English Language test certificate) prior to commencing your role.

It is possible that an individual may have a valid visa which allows them to take up employment straight away or for a short period of time whilst an application is made to the UKVI for further immigration clearance. You may also need to pay an Immigration Healthcare surcharge as part of your immigration application. 

Any queries regarding immigration issues and right to work should be addressed to HR Immigration.