Information for staff
Members of General Assembly are welcome to attend graduation ceremonies and form part of the academic procession. Invitations to the ceremonies are sent out in advance of the ceremonies.
Staff information for December 2022
The winter 2022 ceremonies are scheduled for the following dates:
- Friday 9th December 2022 at the London campus
- Friday 16th December 2022 at the Loughborough campus
Further information for staff will be published here in due course.
Staff who are graduating will be seated in the main student blocks in the hall, as opposed to on the stage.
As a member of staff you will also receive an email invitation to join the academic procession and sit on the stage. As a staff graduand, please ignore this email and respond only to the one sent to you as a student. Please follow the standard student booking process to confirm your attendance at the ceremony and order your gown via Ede and Ravenscroft directly at https://www.gownhire.co.uk/Gownhire/FindInstitution.aspx. If you are unable to attend the ceremony, your certificate may be collected from the Student Enquiries Counter in the Rutland Building, on or after the date of the ceremony.
Academic Dress Hire
When booking your place, please confirm whether or not you require the University to hire your academic dress from Ede and Ravenscroft. If your details (award, institution, etc.) have changed since you last attended a graduation, or you have never attended a ceremony at the University as a member of staff, please contact Caroline King to confirm your requirements. Further guidance on academic dress is given below.
If you are a member of staff who is graduating, you will be seated within the student blocks and will need to have confirmed your place via the student booking process. Please hire your academic dress directly from Ede and Ravenscroft.
Guidance on Academic Dress
All staff intending to join the academic procession must wear academic dress. Staff should wear the gown and hood which represents the institution from which they graduated and the qualification obtained.
Staff who Own Academic Dress
- If you own your academic dress, you should wear this for the ceremony.
- Staff who wish to purchase new robes should write to Ede and Ravenscroft, Unit A, Denny Industrial Centre, Waterbeach, Cambridge, CB5 9QD - Telephone +44 (0)1223 861854.
Hiring Academic Dress
- Ede and Ravenscroft are the official robemakers for the University and will supply a wide range of academic dress to Loughborough University staff.
- The Graduation Office will order the gowns for you from Ede and Ravenscroft direct. All you need to do is complete the relevant parts of the Attendance Form to enable us to order the correct robes.
Collecting Your Gown
- Gowns can be collected on the morning of the ceremony from the Space, Bridgeman Building from 8.30am. All you need to do is give your name to the staff on duty in the robing room.
- Inside your robe will be a ticket with a name and reference number on it. THIS TICKET MUST NOT BE REMOVED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES as it will be needed to register the return of the robe after the ceremony. Please inform one of the Ede and Ravenscroft staff in the robing room if it becomes detached.
- Gowns should be returned to the robing room after the ceremony.
Note for Graduates of Non-UK/Irish Institutions
Ede and Ravenscroft are unable to provide robes for Institutions outside of the UK & Ireland. As an alternative they hold a small stock of miscellaneous un-adopted designs, or if you give a full description of your desired dress they will endeavour to supply a close match.
Note regarding University of London
Please state if you are a member of Convocation (this applies to all degrees other than PhD and Higher Doctorates). If no indication is given non-Convocation robes will be supplied.