Student handbook



If you have a complaint about a service provided by the University, you should normally raise this in the first instance with the member of staff, School or section responsible. You have the right to take your complaint to the Dean of School or the Head of the relevant support service if you are not satisfied with the response you receive.

Comments or concerns about your programme of study may also be raised through student feedback forms and your School staff/student committee. If your complaint relates to the mark you have received or other aspects of assessment, then it is an Academic Appeal and you should consult the academic appeals information in relation to Regulation XIV (Student Appeals against Programme Board or Review Board Decisions).

A serious complaint may be pursued further through the University's formal grievance procedures - see Ordinance XXXVIII. To do this, your complaint should be submitted via email to Further advice and assistance in relation to submitting a complaint is available from LSU Advice, based in the Students’ Union.

Students who have exhausted all internal routes for considering their grievance may pursue the matter through the Student Complaints Scheme operated by the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education (OIAHE).

Please note: If you are looking for information on appealing academic results you should see Academic Appeals.